People & Careers
Careers at perseus Mining Group
Perseus is a rapidly growing African focused gold producer, developer and explorer. We have three operational mines across Ghana and Cote d’Ivoire, an experienced development team and a strong focus on exploration.
We recognise that our people are one of our greatest assets, and are committed to providing training and development, empowering our people to take their careers to the next level.
We offer competitive remuneration packages including short and long-term incentive bonuses reflective of company performance and individual contribution.
Perseus looks for people who enjoy working in a complex and dynamic environment, and are aligned to our core values of teamwork, integrity, commitment and achievement.
We are an equal opportunity employer that supports and builds a diverse workforce.
Internal Audit and Risk Advisor
Location: Subiaco, Western Australia
Location: MSGP, Sudan
Maximum term, Full-time
Human Resources Business Partner
GIS and Geological Database Manager
Location: Subiaco, Western Australia
We are seeking an experienced GIS and Geological Database Manager to manage the Company’s exploration and mining geological data within acQuire GIM Suite and GIS data using PostGIS and QGIS.
Perseus Mining Limited is a dual listed (ASX/TSX) gold miner, developer and explorer whose activities are focused on the African continent. The Perseus Group operate three gold mines: the Edikan Mine in Ghana, and the Sissingué and Yaouré Mines in Côte d’Ivoire. The Company is also actively developing the Meyas Sands Gold Project in Sudan. The Company has exploration projects in Côte d’Ivoire, Ghana and Sudan and is continuing to explore other African regions.
Perseus’s growth strategy is designed to maintain the Perseus Group as a 500,000-ounce per year gold producer from 3-4 mines with a 10 year life-of-mine.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure high quality, fully validated digital GIS and geological database systems and processes.
- Work with external consultants and internal IT support to implement the establishment of a cloud-based GIS/DB platform.
- Work with Company stakeholders to ensure a seamless interface between the exploration and mining GIS/databases.
- Liaise with in-country and corporate stakeholders to ensure high visibility and ready access to data stored in the acQuire GIM Suite solution.
- Oversee and maintain the acQuire GIM Suite solution, identifying opportunities to improve exploration, resource development and mine geology processes and the links between them, including the integration of various data sources and data capture methods across the Company.
- Ensure Company QAQC standards are achieved and maintained, with applicable standardisation across departments and sites, including training of in-country staff in these requirements.
- Coach and mentor, the in-country database geologist/administrators, geologists and field technicians in database management processes and assist with training and support for database related issues.
- Assist senior management in the preparation of annual reports and technical documentation.
- Tertiary qualification in Geoscience and/or Spatial Sciences (Additional Computer Science qualifications desirable).
- Advanced knowledge and experience of using and managing GIS systems.
- acQuire GIM Suite Professional accreditation highly desirable.
- Significant level of relevant experience in the mining and exploration industry, with extensive experience using acQuire as a Database Manager.
- Ability to demonstrate a strong working knowledge of QA/QC processes for sampling and analytical results.
- Innovative thinker with an ability to demonstrate strong problem-solving skills with high degree of attention to detail.
- Extensive experience using GIS solutions such as QGIS, MapInfo and ArcGIS is desirable.
- Good communication skills demonstrating an enthusiastic approach to mentoring junior team members supporting and training new users.
- A high level of competency with SQL Server management and Advanced skills in SQL scripting.
If you are interested in working with a highly committed, skilled and dynamic team, please submit your resume and covering letter before 5pm on ASAP.
Perseus Mining is an equal opportunity employer who supports and builds a diverse workforce. We value our people and help them build up their skills and take their careers to the next level.
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia.
*NO AGENCY REFERRALS WILL BE RECEIVED AT THIS TIME*
Join our Talent Network
Interested in Joining Perseus Mining? Please complete the following form to join our Talent Network.
Mr Sean Harvey is Perseus Mining’s Non-Executive Chairman and a former Non-Executive Director of Perseus (from September 2009 to March 2017).
Mr. Sean Harvey has extensive experience in investment banking and the resources sector and brings valuable experience in capital markets to the board to assist the company as it seeks to broaden global market awareness of its growth into a mid-tier African gold producer. Mr. Harvey holds an Honours BA degree in Economics and Geography and an MA in Economics, both from Carleton University, an LLB from the University of Western Ontario and an MBA from the University of Toronto and he is a member of the Law Society of Upper Canada.
Mr Harvey also serves as Non-Executive Chairman of Victoria Gold Corporation and as a Non-Executive Director of Serabi Gold plc.
Mr Harvey sits on the Audit and Risk, Remuneration, and Nomination Committees.
We are seeking an experienced Project Generation Geologist to influence the direction of Perseus’ business growth strategy.
The Project Generation Manager will be responsible for developing and managing conceptual and project generation studies, including studies completed by external consultants. The role will be tightly integrated within the Company’s exploration team and is ideal for someone who is excited about introducing and driving technological innovation. The successful applicant will be required to travel to the company’s operations and potential target sites for due diligence and assessment purposes.
The Project Generation Manager is a permanent, full-time position based in our Head Office in Subiaco, Perth, WA.